90 gal retrofit lighting

rickt4du

Hey all...got a 90 gal AG with overflow today and I'm deciding on the lighting. I currently use a 2x96 watt CSL PC's in an ABS enclosure. Thats going to be over the 90 I'm thinking of a 175 watt MH retro using the 5500k bulb. Should I use the PC's as is with the daylight and the actinic or double up on the actinic...or use 2 175 MH and forget the PC's. I'm not too crazy about the PC's as the actinic is dull and the daylight is yellow but, I have $300 plus in it and the reef now is thriving with the spectrum as it is. I just need more light in the 90. Good suggestions are welcomed.
:D

tinman383

I have a 90gal. with the CSL PC's, but I have 4-96watt bulbs. Doesn't leave much room under the hood, but the day and night effects are awesome. My white bulbs gave no yellow effect once I added more lighting. That's the only problem with this hobby....if ya wanna look good...ya gotta pay!

rickt4du

Are you saying that adding more PC lights will improve the color of the daylight? That would be way too easy. Tell me its true!!

rickt4du

I just ordered 4 vho retrofit kit. Have not even seen the canopy so I hope I have enough room for them and the 2 PC's. I may have to remove the PC's from the ABS enclosure and mount them too. Thanks for the replies.