90 gallon aggressive

R

regina13

I have the chance of buying a 90gallon setup for $80.00!!!!!!!! The only problem is I want an aggressive tank and I don't think I can put much in a 90.... What do you guys think? Go for it or not? Around here a 75 gallon goes for about $179.99 so it is a god deal.
If I go threw with it what kind of aggressive fish can I keep?

crimzy

That's not a real small tank for aggressive. As long as you don't skimp on filtration, I'd do a stock list like this:
1 smaller tang species (yellow, purple, kole, orange shoulder, etc.)
1 docile trigger (blue throat, niger)
1 dwarf lion (larger specimen)
1 snowflake eel (medium to large)
1 dwarf angel (flame, coral beauty, bicolor) or 1 foxface (medium size) or a large tomato clown
I'd probably limit the tank to 5 fish (maybe 6) and have a 30-40 gallon refugium with a good protein skimmer. I think that would make a nice, colorful aggressive tank.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by regina13
I have the chance of buying a 90gallon setup for $80.00!!!!!!!! The only problem is I want an aggressive tank and I don't think I can put much in a 90.... What do you guys think? Go for it or not? Around here a 75 gallon goes for about $179.99 so it is a god deal.
If I go threw with it what kind of aggressive fish can I keep?
You could have a very nice aggressive 90 gallon tank...
Dwarf Lion
Dwarf Angel (Flame would be my preference)
SFE (opps you don't like eels)
Maroon Clown
Dwarf Puffer (valentini)

R

regina13

Originally Posted by crimzy
That's not a real small tank for aggressive. As long as you don't skimp on filtration, I'd do a stock list like this:
1 smaller tang species (yellow, purple, kole, orange shoulder, etc.)
1 docile trigger (blue throat, niger)
1 dwarf lion (larger specimen)
1 snowflake eel (medium to large)
1 dwarf angel (flame, coral beauty, bicolor) or 1 foxface (medium size) or a large tomato clown
I'd probably limit the tank to 5 fish (maybe 6) and have a 30-40 gallon refugium with a good protein skimmer. I think that would make a nice, colorful aggressive tank.
I don't like eels so I would need another idea for that fish... but otherwise I like that list.
Actually, I quite like dwarf lions so I think I would go with a dwarf over a large.
My only problem with this small of tank is that I don't get the queen angel!!!!!!!!!
I quess I will have to wait util the next upgrade.

R

regina13

Ok what about:
1 tang ( not shure what kind but smaller variety)
1 blue throat trigger
1 fuzzy dwarf lion
1 foxface
and another fish of some sort
Any idea on another fish??? I really don't like eels.
Does this look ok>? What order should I add them?

crimzy

Ok what about
:
1 tang ( not shure what kind but smaller variety)
1 blue throat trigger
1 fuzzy dwarf lion
1 foxface
and another fish of some sort
Any idea on another fish??? I really don't like eels.
Does this look ok>? What order should I add them?
I'd go with a purple tang. That, along with the foxface and blue throat will give you a nice color variety and a pretty active tank. For the last fish I'd go with a large tomato clown... just for the color variation. Or a flame angel.

R

regina13

I really don't like tomato clowns so probable the flame angel.

ccampbell57

Regina,
Try this:
1 Achillies Tang
1 blue throat trigger (male)
1 Blue throat trigger (female)
1 fuzzy dwarf lion (or Fu Man Chu)
1 Regal Angel (they are smaller angels)
2x Blue/Green Chromis
That would definitly work. As long as you are planning on upgrading, you can put in others as juvis. I started off with my emperor as a Juvi in a 75.
Here was my stock list:
3" Emperor Juvi
3" Powder Blue Tang
3" Hippo Tang
4" Porky Puffer

R

regina13

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
Regina,
Try this:
1 Achillies Tang
1 blue throat trigger (male)
1 Blue throat trigger (female)
1 fuzzy dwarf lion (or Fu Man Chu)
1 Regal Angel (they are smaller angels)
2x Blue/Green Chromis
That would definitly work. As long as you are planning on upgrading, you can put in others as juvis. I started off with my emperor as a Juvi in a 75.
Here was my stock list:
3" Emperor Juvi
3" Powder Blue Tang
3" Hippo Tang
4" Porky Puffer
I really like that stocking!
My only problem is the archillies... I like them but would rather have a fish with more color...
I also think I will leave out the chromis for something else of some sort.

kjr_trig

I really like that stocking!
My only problem is the archillies... I like them but would rather have a fish with more color...
I also think I will leave out the chromis for something else of some sort.
Hmmmm, I guess I can see where you are coming from on the Achilles, when you see them in LFS, they are dull in color, skidish, and hanging out in the back of the tank....However, an established adult Achilles is one of the most stunning fish there is. I had mine for 6 years, I wish I had a good picture to post of him. Everyone who ever saw my tank, that was their first comment....Get what you want of course, it just hurt me a little to hear you say you wanted a fish with more color
......Just kidding

R

regina13

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Hmmmm, I guess I can see where you are coming from on the Achilles, when you see them in LFS, they are dull in color, skidish, and hanging out in the back of the tank....However, an established adult Achilles is one of the most stunning fish there is. I had mine for 6 years, I wish I had a good picture to post of him. Everyone who ever saw my tank, that was their first comment....Get what you want of course, it just hurt me a little to hear you say you wanted a fish with more color
......Just kidding

Don't get my wrong I love the archilles, but I don't think it is right for my tank... If I was getting a bigger one I would get one in a heart beat, and it would be closer to the top of my list..