911 MAG 350 Wont pull water???

splashed

Help, I was cleaning my filter (Mag 350) and when I hooked it back up, it wont pull any water. The motor comes on and I can see water moving inside the canister but it will not pull or spit water. I have been working on this for about 4 hours, I have read my instruction book over and over, re-evaluated everything, and nothing works. ANY HELP????
Ive checked my tubes and they are tight, no air escaping. I have double chcked (the spinner thing with the magnet) to make sure it is all clicked into place and it is.
Also . . . is there anything I can do to help my fish until this is fixed/Fish store opens tomorrow????
Thanks!!!!!

squidd

Couple things to check...
1. Pull magnet/impeller assembly out of filter and check for a bit of sand/grit in the base if the "can".
2. While impeller is out check that it "spins" freely on the ceramic shaft...sometimes calcium builds up and binds the impeller to shaft.

salty rob

1.-All 4 valves open?
2.-Intake tube/outlet tube correct?
3.-Filter clean?
4.-Grit in motor impeller/bearing area?

D

daniel411

Do you have other pumps/power heads in the tank for water movement? Do you have the bio-wheels hooked up to the discharge? What do you use in the canister of the magnum? Its likely its not your primary biological filter and won't hurt to leave off for awhile.

splashed

Okay, I spent a lot of time on this yesterday . . . I finally got it going - it seems to be a problem with the motor or something. Depends on the sound on start up on if its going to work or not. Ive got it going now, kinda, not getting the suction or spit that I want. So, I talked to Petsmart (stop laughing) thats where I got it, and even without the receipt or box they will return it for me. I think I will probably have store credit, so I will probably need to find something there.
I can't do the sump thing - so what about the bio wheel filteration? What do you guys think about it? Are there any other options that you suggest?
Thanks for your help.