a? about water

69stang

i live in mass and have a artisean well. to has very hard water and high iron content. to use this water in our house we have a system with an iron filter and a softener. any one from the north east knows what im talking about. i can bypass the whole system but not just the softener. my ? is what would be the best way to get water for my 92gal for filling to start and for changes. any suggestions thanks

merredeth

Originally Posted by 69stang
i live in mass and have a artisean well. to has very hard water and high iron content. to use this water in our house we have a system with an iron filter and a softener. any one from the north east knows what im talking about. i can bypass the whole system but not just the softener. my ? is what would be the best way to get water for my 92gal for filling to start and for changes. any suggestions thanks
Don't use it and get an RO unit. Even with an iron filter you are going to have other issues to contend with.
I live in the country and deal with water issues. It is better to use an RO or RO/DI unit and add water to any aquarium this way.
After spending as much money as you are going to establishing the aquarium, spending $200 for an RO unit is just good, common sense if you want to prevent water parameter issues.
To get it to the tank, use buckets or pour into water jugs for transport. Because I have a bad back (and so does my husband) a two wheel cart does wonders on saving your back when hauling large quantities of water.
Denise M.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Merredeth
Don't use it and get an RO unit. Even with an iron filter you are going to have other issues to contend with.
I live in the country and deal with water issues. It is better to use an RO or RO/DI unit and add water to any aquarium this way.
After spending as much money as you are going to establishing the aquarium, spending $200 for an RO unit is just good, common sense if you want to prevent water parameter issues.
To get it to the tank, use buckets or pour into water jugs for transport. Because I have a bad back (and so does my husband) a two wheel cart does wonders on saving your back when hauling large quantities of water.
Denise M.

I agree, but those water aren't drinkable anyways....That's what I was told when I used to live out in the country. :happyfish

merredeth

Originally Posted by Mikeyjer
I agree, but those water aren't drinkable anyways....That's what I was told when I used to live out in the country. :happyfish
Years ago, I was told it depends on the artesian well itself. However, after drinking it once I swore I'd NEVER drink it again. YUK!
Denise M.