a few colorful shots of my corals

murph145

just snapped some shots more close ups this time
tyree idaho grape cap

lots of corals the center furry one is a crayola table then a pink stylo to the right of it and a tiny neon green ora birdsnest frag

close up of my very purple tri color valida

pink milli and some wild acro

my yellow table hyacantus grown from a lil baby

and some more to come

murph145

some small frag to the far left from steve garret then a purple acro nana then a neon green milli then a pink birdsnest below

the largest and fastest growing coral in my tank my green with blue tips slimer it grows about an inch a month and its about 3/4" from the surface now

green stag acro

pink poccii

my yellow acro growing up my overflow box

atlantis pink polypd cap

my desalwii

thats all for today

murph145

hey matt thanks how have u been ive been hiding lately but had some free time to snap a few shots.

trippkid

Great, thanks for asking. My tank is doing pretty well, all my stuff seems to be pretty happy. All of my Milli's don't really extend their hairs out, the polyps are out, just not real hairy. Everything else is doing great, Acro's, Monti's, Poc's, Stylo, and everything else is doing good. I plan to remove some of the softies, mostly mushrooms when I get a small tank going for my wife. I am looking to go with a dual 250 wt SE setup after Christmas. I am a total reef geek, so I'm always lurking around somewhere. I was honestly saying to myself today, I have seen you post in a while.
Good to hear from you.
The desalwii is totally wicked, I just had to say(not that they all aren't).
Matt

murph145

im glad ur tanks doin good! what size do u have right now??
yeah the softies and sps dont mix to well im guna have some issues sooner or later with my GSP its getting everyhwere and closer to my sps now so im guna have to do something one of these days... i like a mix of some softies lps and sps makes it look a lil more natural IMO...
ive found that millis all love tons of light and tons of flow... what lights and flow do u currently have??
i myself am a reefgeek too lol i think we all are if were here haha
yeah i got lucky on that desalwii it coloed up very very nicely

trippkid

120 gal. with about 50X's flowrate(maybe a little more), 175wt halides 14K(cheap bulbs, for now), weekly 20 gal. WC's, dose Brightwell Aquatics Two-Part Calcium/Alkilinity product, along with Magnesium and Strontium(these were a little low for a while). I have the same problem now with my GSP's, I agree you kind of need something of everything almost, it is hard to keep everyone happy sometimes. My Xenia and Monti's seem to get along well, they seem to be the only ones that don't really bother much and they don't spread very fast at all for me. When I go with the new lights, I'm planning on doing a PFO Magnetic Ballast or Electronic(haven't decided 100% yet), with new reflectors and 15K Phoenix bulbs. I run 440 wts of VHO lighting too, mostly actinic, 1 10K(may rewire for T5's, again haven't decided). Just a quick overview. Everything is growing and the colors I pretty pleased with, just those Milliepora's. I run my tank between 75 and 79, so I know it has slowed some growth, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I need to set up a frag tank to do some experimenting(just need to convince my better half), not doing anything crazy in the DT, too much to lose.

Again, very nice to chat with you again.
Matt
Matt

gnorman

im in love with the corlas- ok im seriously considering a road trip before i leave for my mission

ameno

nice

I've just started with some sps, have always just had lps and softies, but I really like the looks of the sps corals.
how about a full shot of your tank, I'd love to see what the whole tank looks like.

gnorman

Originally Posted by ameno
nice

I've just started with some sps, have always just had lps and softies, but I really like the looks of the sps corals.
how about a full shot of your tank, I'd love to see what the whole tank looks like.

you haven't seen it??? oh gosh, well before u look at it make sure ur sitting down so when u pass out you wont split ur head open on ur table

ameno

Originally Posted by GNorman
you haven't seen it??? oh gosh, well before u look at it make sure ur sitting down so when u pass out you wont split ur head open on ur table

Thanks for the warning,
Since I'm just getting into sps maybe it will give me a goal to accomplish.
that is once I wake up.

m0nk

Very nice. I certainly have something to aspire to here....heh. 180 goes in sometime in January, yay! I'm certainly itching for some acros.

ameno

I want the tree idaho, I think it would look much better in my tank, at least it would look much better to me if it were in my tank

el bob

murph.......did u switch bulbs or something??? your corals are usually more vibrant from past pictures that i have seen. Im not saying they look bad im just implying that they dont look as good as usual. A bit brownish?? Did you use 20k's before and have switched to a 10k??