a few new full shots. 140 reef

oceana

felt like taking a few pics tonight while getting prepared to act like a 12 year old kid on tuesday when the new xbox comes out haha
BTW does anyone know what kind of worm that is i the first pic. looks like a coco wormbut the wrong color. has a very hard tube that encrust oevr the rock its on and is rather large.

murph145

nice pics oceana....
first pic looks like an xmas tree worm.... they will attach to rocks that usually porites has been on before and lots of times the porites dies off in transport but thats my thinking
looks cool!

oceana

i thought xmas tree as well but this one has a long very hard Ca based tube it builds. xmas worms live in deal coral heads, it even has the little hard flat to cover and close up the tube like the coco worms do. same size as well

witecap4u

I have the same type of worm growing from a piece of home-made rocks. Probably a christmas tree that moved...cs

blokey

The first photo apparently didn't come up. I've had some experience with several types and would like to see If I can help. If by chance you have a close up of one of the worms that would be even better. You can send it directly to me at Brendalokey7@aol.com :happyfish

K

kalied20

Found this on the web.....looks just like it and they call it a Christmas Tree worm. They say harmless. Nice looking too if you ask me...

emperor11

Its a Coco Worm. An odd color, but it is indeed a coco worm. Look at the shape of the feather..its a dead giveaway.

emperor11

BRING UP MY POST. If you want someone to respond to your thread, but people aren't seeing it, because it isn't at the top, you can bump someone's (or your own) thread to bring it to the top, so people will be more likely to see it and respond.

oceana

Originally Posted by Emperor11
BRING UP MY POST. If you want someone to respond to your thread, but people aren't seeing it, because it isn't at the top, you can bump someone's (or your own) thread to bring it to the top, so people will be more likely to see it and respond.

well thanks i guess. where the heck did you dig this post up from. I think i see co
ebs in the corner

emperor11

Originally Posted by oceana
well thanks i guess. where the heck did you dig this post up from. I think i see co
ebs in the corner
I didn't dig it up....