a few questions

brad pitt

will a clownfish host corals that look like anemones?
i have a small tank 12gal and im thinking of getting an anemone, i know its not a good idea but wont it split? ill give the other half away. will it work?
and can i feed the anemone formula 1 or something else?

grabbitt

Clowns have been known to host a variety of different corals (hammer, torch, frogspawn, zoos, mushrooms, etc...)
Typically, when an anemone splits, it's from stress more often than anything else. What kind of lighting do you have on your tank?
As far as feeding goes, anything meaty will do fine (krill, squid, etc..)

L

lsu

I have never had an anemone split. I have a gbta that was about the size of my fist when i got it and it is now the size of a basketball. They get big and relying on one to split is not a good idea.

brad pitt

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2581777
Clowns have been known to host a variety of different corals (hammer, torch, frogspawn, zoos, mushrooms, etc...)
Typically, when an anemone splits, it's from stress more often than anything else. What kind of lighting do you have on your tank?
As far as feeding goes, anything meaty will do fine (krill, squid, etc..)
i dont know what kind of lighting it is but its a bio cube nano came with lights.

reefforbrains

You dont have to go for an anemone.
A good fluffy hammer coral will work just fine with no risk of skunking the tank.
In a 12g its risky because if they roam around they leave a trail of havok. And if they happen to expire, it is like an atom bomb in the tank.
Plenty of enjoyment from a hammer and the lighting should do great.
JMO