A government that is big enough to give you everything you want

socal57che

Yup, Thomas Jefferson.
He also said...
"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." --Thomas Jefferson
and
"Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now."
and
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." --Thomas Jefferson
and
"I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." --Thomas Jefferson
...if only he could see us now!
and
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson
and
"Most bad government has grown out of too much government." --Thomas Jefferson
and
"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." --Thomas Jefferson
and
one of his best...
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." --Thomas Jefferson