A Grandiose of a Task Buying a 200gal

fishkid13

Add on C-List has a 200gal for sale for $125. Of course when I heard this I was
. I talked it over with my parents and have this; If I get the 200gal I need to get rid of all of my tanks (in use and not). That would include,
  • 29x2
  • 20 long
  • 84 with everything
  • 135 (tank, stand, hood)
    The 84, with probaby go to my mom's office, so I will have a least 2 tanks
    . But sadly I would have to get rid of my blood sweat and labor 135. I am at the fork in the road, which way should I choose. Here are pro's and con's to it that I have thought of so far. (please tell me if I need to think of anything else)
    Current set-ups
    Pros:
    • Lots of tanks, with different styles,
    • Already established, and becoming"splendid"
    • NOt much more work than already doing, while having to deal with the honor/colleage classes work
    • Don't have to stress out live stock with moving everything...again
    • Me happy, I have extra time, and somthing to enjoy
      Cons:
      • Only can have so much, in my current tank
        Can't to much with the aquacaping
      Getting 200gal:
      Pros:More room to aquascape
      More livestock and choices
      More stable with water differences...?
    Cons:LOTS OF MONEY!
    Taking lots of my time, for 'free' time and school stuff
    Moving everything from one setup to another, without killing everything again
    Having to uproot all I have worked for so far
-sigh- I am leaning more towards keeping everything how it is and use the money to make my current setup better. Any input would be welcomed.
-Fishkid

bayreefer

I was recently in a similar situation. I already have three tanks, but I found another for a really good deal so I was going to buy it. But then I considered all of the money that I would be spending on it instead of the plans I was so excited for for the tanks I had. Ultimately I decided to stick with what I have and just go along with all of my plans I had for them.
Its up to you though, would you be happy once all of your tanks are gone?
Would the 200 make up for them?
There is a lot to consider

fishkid13

I would miss that all of the tanks I currently have, except saltwater because that would of course be upgraded. I don't think it really would make up for them...but...hummm....

novahobbies

It's a tough decision. I think I'd lean towards keeping the tanks you have as they are, especially if getting the big one meant losing ALL the smaller tanks. If it was just condensing one or two, then sure, but all of them.....? Nah. Just wait a while. The price is fantastic, but it'll come up again. In the meantime, like you said you'll have more $$ for the plans you'd made for your existing tanks, more free time, etc.