A great pic of the Puff that don't care & my new coral

dina12

I just love my Puff....he does not care about a thing other than his food....the second pic is my new Bubble Coral.......Love it!!!!

vanos

Awesome pic, I fell in love with a porky puffer at my lfs that was selling for $29.99 and it was 6 inches big.

psusocr1

they dont mix because a puffer will eat your whole cleanup crew in no time aking your tank look bad because of the lack in cleanup!

dina12

I agree...Puffer's are not suppose to mix with anything. This Puffer is not normal - he is a strange one. He has lived with a whole clean up crew for 6 months without touching a thing. We figured we would try him in the reef tank....he has been in the tank for 2 weeks now and has not touched anything. Last night I watched him relaxing while a blue legged hermit crab crawled over him....he loves to be cleaned by the cleaner shrimp too. In his other tank he also lived with Starfish.....not a care in the world. I am hoping he stays this way and does not become aggressive as he gets even bigger. He is in a 180 tank - so lots of room to roam and just chill out. I also feed him 2 times a day......I know this is something that should not be attempted - but -

david24

I love those puffers! I like how they look like their smiling at you! Always nice to see a smiling face!
Wish they were reef safe!

E

emeralcrab

I just put my porky in the 150g with a hippo, humu humu, 2 spot domino. Feel sorry for her as she is the low fish on the totum pole. She was actually pretty darn happy in the 30 QT, hopefully they will start getting along. I kept the lights off for 2 days so that they would maybe get use to each other. Moved some rocks around also for a little change. If the humu humu doesn't except her, he might end up in the 30 QT. or back to LFS, although I really like him. :happyfish

jonny bolt

Awesome Puff! I love my Puffah too, and although he did eat alot of my Turbo Snails, he left a few alone and they are still alive, along with some Cerith Snails. I also have a Hermit Crab and a huge Banded Coral Shrimp, and they all get along.
Puffahz!!!