A nice Clown story...

drakken

I got my first false perc about a year ago. He was one of my first SW fish. I had him for over 6 months in the tank with some green mushrooms but he never seemed to notice them. One day he started brushing up on the shrooms and now he has made it his home. He has grown nicely and is about 2-3 inches now.
I wanted to add another but I wasn't sure if he would accept a newcomer. I finally decided to give it a try so I got a spunky but smaller clown and added it to the tank. As soon as I released the new clown it swam right up to the big one. The big one was actting "funny" but showed no aggression. The new clown followed the other around the tank all day which was fun to watch.
The next morning I looked to see how they were doing and the new clown was right next to the big one HOSTING the shrooms! I couldn't believe the new one took to the shrooms so quickly. It's very neat to see these 2 get along so well.
Anyway, I just wanted to share the story. These are the kind of thing that get aquarists like us excited. :D

drakken

Originally posted by KittyKitty
Aw, I'm happy for you. Makes me want a clown pair even more now. They're the cutest damned things ever.

Thanks! Having 1 clown is fun but having the 2 of them really adds a lot to the tank. It's very fun to watch them.

lovethesea

I just love clowns, espeically the percs. Cutest things ever.
Mine follows me across the room.
We have been thinking about giving him (probably soom to be her) a mate.
I am glad it worked out for you. They will be so fun to watch.