A perosnal apology to kappadoku and any others I have offended.

lionfish

Well, folks, I have made a big mistake which may have offended or made someone leave. My personal and humble apology to Kappadoku, who I was angry at on a false account.I am very sorry for the mix-up as I had not seen the post before Kappa's post and I thought Kappa was trying to anger me. My apologies to you and I hope I haven't cause you to leave this site. I still stand by my judgement about Skirk. However, I am not perfect and I am not even close to being perfect. I have had several people become irate at me in the past and I am sorry to those people. I have a short temper and I have a very strong love for animals. It has been noted by one of the sharks that it is a problem that we are losing members because they argue with sharks. I have never had anyone banned and I rarely delete posts. So, please do not blame me for banned members and deleted posts. But, it seems that the majority of the people who have been banned have been from this forum in general. That is why I have decided to leave. I just don't want to have this board lose anymore members on my account. This will be my last post. Goodbye, friends.

what do you mean "you have decided to leave"?
dudddddddddddddddddddddddeeeee where you going? no need to leave
[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: dlight692000 ]

sebaehope

Even though I dont post much, I gotta say this. If you leave, you will be doing those of us that respect you, a great injustice. I eventually plan on going aggresive,and I highly value your opinions. As for blaming you for the other things, I know I dont. There has been a lot of changes here recently, and I blame that for a lot of the problems. To me its not the number of post, but whats in them. Thanks for all the valuable advice. I hope you change your mind and stay, cause I value your advice.

if it wasnt for lionfish, i would bet money i would have a bamboo shark in a 75 gallon tank or somthing like that but instead he introduced me to my favorite fish a harlequin tusk and hes the best fist, lionfish even let me email him for more direct help, lets have a tost to lionfish, if you smell what he is cooking lollol

T

the new guy

Man dont leave! All advise you have given me has been very accurate and it helped a lot. This BB would not be the same if we didnt get to hear what the "Lionfish says...."
I toast you!!

goofieones

Don't leave, I love all the sharks!! If you left they would have to replace you and I think you deserve the position you are in, and someone else would have a hard time filling your shark teeth. LOL Please don't go.

K

krustytheclownfish

I agree with Sammy, you are NOT allowed to leave. :D
I still want to smell what the Lionfish is cooking.

puffdad

Puffdad's 2 cents.
I think that everyone who posts needs to check their pride, emotions, and sarcasm at the door before they come into a technical advice BB...this is not some psychotherapy gibberish discussion or something, this is a SALTWATER FISH DISCUSSION FORUM.
Amateur newbies (like myself) need the advice of experienced hobbyists before we make mistakes that cost lots of money and at the expense of God's creatures, and whether we thank professionals later or not, we are indebted to them for the foundation that they lay for our pursuits and lifestyles. To all professionals who assist us: in the fish world you are saviors for us amateurs, and we thank you tremendously for shaping, and in many ways controlling, our growth as aspiring aquarists.
I suggest the following:
a: NO ONE leaves this board, especially the experienced professionals who have laid many foundations for others.
b: all posts with any overly emotional or sarcastic content be removed by the sharks ASAP so that we can get back to the mission of this BB (Aggressive setups), and not allow any more. I suggest you remove this post too.
c: Sharks be more bold with removing obnoxious or heatedly sarcastic or emotional posts, and not make any apologies for doing it. If anyone has a problem with their post being removed, they can go post at a psychotherapy gibberish BB to post their junk. Sharks set an example for the rest of us blind sheep and avoid too much sarcasm in your advice to us--people start posting junk as a reaction to misunderstanding sarcasm usually.
I think that for any other reason than out of gratitude to Saltwaterfish.com for hosting this BB, we should follow these suggestions. We owe it all to them, and they don't want to host a site where people are hanging out their dirty laundry for everyone to see. It would be a shame for them to close down a technical advice BB such as this, but then again how many more times do they want to risk having junk posted on their site?
Lastly, I suggest that, at the discretion of the sharks, this reply be moved to the shark forum ASAP.
Just my 2 cents, and nothing more or less.
I apologize in advance if this offends--I have no intention of offending anyone at all, I am posting with good intentions and with hopes of keeping this fantastic place alive & well.
PS Lionfish, thanks for saving this board!
[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: puffdad ]

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree Puffdad. Well said. Now that we've loosened up on the edit button all kinds negative things are happening with members as well as Sharks.
Lion: As I read Kap's post last night, it did seem to me that s/he was supporting you, but since there was something else that got deleted, I figured I just wasn't getting what the problem was.
I don't think you should leave unless you feel like that is the best thing to do for yourself. Keep in mind that online communication is very one dimensional--it is easy to type something, and because you are not there to visually assess that person's intend, very often serious communication problems occur. We "read" things that aren't there, or take something written the wrong way. This happens all the time. Ask Salty, I've even gone off on him on the public forum! YIKES!
We've had some serious problems with moderators getting into to knock-down fights with other members lately, but take those incidence as a learning exp that will, ultimately benefit the BB.
Bottom line is, everyone here is here to learn and share info about the hobby, not fight or beat each other up if we do fight. I say, take this as a learning exp, stay and move on.
By next wk no one will remember this little problem.

guppie

Lionfish first off let me thank you for all the help you have provided me. I can understand were you are coming form, but just like you I don't have to agree with it. I like you say what i feel, if it pisses people off then so be it. This is all part of life. If you are leaving because you want to that is fine, but if your are leaving because other peoples feeling might get hurt then that is wrong, we need strong sharks to tell us when we are making a mistake, and if others can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. I for one still want to smell what the Lionfish is cooking.

blueberryboomer

lionfish, Please don't leave,you have given yourself freely to this board, and to the people that come here looking for answers.
You would be cheating alot of people out of your knowledge. I know some of us my not always deserve it! If you won't stay for the people, please stay and help the little fishies! They need you!!!!! And so do WE!!!!
I hope you'll stay! Fixit and I will be looking to you and all the other knowledgable people on this board over the next few month, as we're new to the aggressive form. Later(I HOPE) Lisa :(

Lionfish, don't leave! You are very knowledgable and I don't know why you are leaving. You are the reason we have this forum back. Please come back!!!

lionfish

LionFish says......
Well, judging by the rsponses, I suppose I should stay. Anyways, where else would I go? This is the board I have been going to for over a year and it would be wasted time to leave like that. So, I'm afraid that I will have to break aageneva's heart and stick around. Sorry for this to ever happen but when you really think about it, this is not only a site for chatting about fish but it is a business. You don't want someone causing customers and members leaving on the account of one person. But, yes, I have always thought of this as just a fish site where people can talk about nothing else but fish. This isn't a place where people should get offended if they get told something they don't like. Tough luck. That's life. If you don't like what you hear you don't have to listen to it. My main concern was not if I was hurting Skirk's feeling but how it could affect how people regard this site. So overall, it was just a matter of what happens to the board. But, looks like I'll be stickin' around for a little while longer.

playtime

Lionfish, please don't leave. It is true that you don't always say what we want to hear, but that is what makes you sooooo important here. Some of us are very stubborn. You definately know your lionfish and the BB would be lost without you in our aggressive forum. Thank you soo much for all your advise, wheather I liked it or not. I hope you reconsider.
:( :confused: :(
playtime

pufferlover

Ok here is what may be part of what went on. There was a post just before Kappadoku's by our friend aageneva that I took off due to a word variation used I considered offensive. Whoever aageneva is they seem to have a problem with some of the shark replies and does not know how to use the system without offending. I did post that I deleted a post but did not want to make a big deal out of it at that point. The comment made above which I have left seems to show a attitude problem in my mind. If I was to say bye bye to anyone it would be aageneva. Nuf said!

toddius

People should check their feelings at the door. I thought we came here to learn and share saltwater information and experience, all the while the sharks are here to keep it under control, which is good. I have come to learn that all aquariums are not alike and are cotrolled by a multitude of varying conditions even in the same home and from what I can tell everyone comes here to get and give help, not to hurt anyone else. We all love this hobby or we wouldn't be here. Hope you stay Lionfish, you are the best thing for the aggressive board. You always give great advice. Nuf said. Sorry about the spelling. ;)

guys dont forget how much the titan triggers know and us lil chevron tangs, although the shakrs made us who we are in saltwater(well atleast me) we still have somthing to contribute. its not the rank of the person it is what they contribute

goofieones

Yikes!!! Those be some big words... it is a good thing we have these sharks on this board keeping the peace and keeping it clean, and most importantly sharing their knowledge. Good job sharks... :)

blueberryboomer

lionfish, THANK YOU for deciding to stay. MY FISH ARE SMILING, and so am I!!!! :D :D
P.S lionfish, remember just to continue to be who you are, if someone dosn't like what you post they don't have to read them....Eveyone has a choice on what they want to read....If you are alittle rough sometimes, maybe you need to be to get the point across....So be it! I'm glad your staying!
[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: BLUEBERRYBOOMER ]