a pic of the 90 gallon i just got today!

todj2002

finally i have upgraded from my 55 to a 90 gallon
got it from my lfs for $150
i have wed off and plan to make the switch over starting first thing in the morning. anyone have any helpful hints? here is a pic of the empty 90.

asharp13

i have never done anything like this but i have learned that patience is a must in everything you do. take your time and do your reasearch. set it up right the first time and you will have fewer problems doen the road!!! did u get the tank, canopy, and stand for $150?

todj2002

Originally Posted by asharp13
http:///forum/post/3158058
i have never done anything like this but i have learned that patience is a must in everything you do. take your time and do your reasearch. set it up right the first time and you will have fewer problems doen the road!!! did u get the tank, canopy, and stand for $150?
YEP! tank, stand and canopy for $150. also the owner of my lfs is coming over in the morning to help me out and he is bringing approx. 30 gallons of water from his tank so i will have almost all cycled water. im stoked for tomorrow!

luvmyreef

Very Nice!! Congrats on the new tank. We need pics soon....
BTW tell your local guy if he has another, ship it my way :)

todj2002

now if i could only find a used 30 long for my sump. i have been looking all morning. i found 2 for $50 but they are both almost two hours away.
i also found on local but they want $100 for stand, tank, fish ect. i really ony want the tank, but if he will come down to $75 or $80 i would pay it just to save the drive and the fuel cost. ive got the HEMI and it likes the gas!

todj2002

the only crappy part of the deal was the previous owner cut holes in both ends of the canopy to fit his lighting. u can see the hole in the pic. i would be ok with that but the cuts he made are HORRIBLE! its ok i guess since the price was right, but im prolly gonna rebuild the entire canopy. then i can customize it to my lights also. im sure this project will keep my busy for awhile.

asharp13

oh wow yea that looks like crap! but for the price it is worth it for sure. even if u end up buying a new canopy i think you will still be saving a ton of money. ive seen those stands go for 3-400 bux themselves

btldreef

I'm not a huge fan of keeping a canopy on a SW tank anyways. But if you really want to and don't like this one, you still saved a bundle of money so I'd just buy a new one