A quick Coral Banded Shrimp question!

kev

I recently purchased a CBS, I have had the little guy for about 1 week. Anyways, he has been hiding the entire time! He is eating the leftover fish food, and is quick to react when I put my finger next to his "cave." Is this normal? I would really like to see it more often! :D

Qick answer: Yes this is normal. I have had my CBS for almost a year and he only recently started coming out from behind the rocks in the daylight. Give him time he will come... :D

mammafish

I had a coral banded shrimp for about 10 min. Then my hermit crab ate it. He had a good shrimp dinner that day.

cowfish

i nought a cbs the other day ago and yeah sleeps during day come out at night soem thime he eill come out during the day
but for short tim e

S

starfishjackedme

I have had mine for a few months and I only see him at night (sometimes). I figure he will start coming out eventually, but most shrimp I havehad don't come out much.

susiepan

I have a cleaner shrimp that is a riot...He's out all the time, and the second you put your hand in the tank, hes all over it....Even when you stand in front of the tank he comes over....He cleans the fish on a regular basis, and LOVES to eat, brine and dried shrimp, when I feed my Anenome, if I dont give him a little pc first, he'll yank it right out of the Anenome...
~Susie ;)

Every one is different, but mine hid for a long time, then decided he liked to be hand fed. Now he wants to fight with my hand, but stays in his cave most of the time.

noodle

i have had mine for about 3 weeks and he never comes out except for at night. I did see he him outside at 8 this morning though. A quick question...Does your cbs's like to hang up side down? That is all mine does even when he's outside.

jwalters77

My CBS has just started coming out to...I have had him for almost a year now...Very cool to watch...Mine also hangs upside down most of the time...
Jake

bammbamm74

My CBS would hang out on the back of a rock and rarely cruise the tank during the day. But she was active at night. Then I added a cave to my tank and she stayed upside down.

kev

My CBS has molted this morning! Is there anything I should do special to the water for this, or am I good to go? :D