A quick new full tank shot

oceana

got all the frags into the new propagation system. at last i have my sand bed back. i knew it was under there somewhere lol. any and all comments welcome

oceana

thanks for all the nice comments. to answer the few questions. i feed nothign really. i give the carpet a few silversides a week other then that none of the coral i have need to be fed.
i run very intense lighting so they just all they need and then some.
the tank is a 140. total system all plumbed together with propagation system is 220

nm reef

Gotta love it!!!!
Thanks for sharing.....
Looks very well maintained and its obvious you take great pride in it.

oceana

Originally Posted by NM reef
Gotta love it!!!!
Thanks for sharing.....
Looks very well maintained and its obvious you take great pride in it.

thanks. mush appriciated. you have a 98% chance that if you see my hands are in the tank so its nice to hear it shows lol, my wife says she thinks my wrist is growing gills

mrdc

Very nice
The carpet anemone is awesome.
What is the red thing in the cave? Is that an acan lord? That looks like what I have and I have been wondering where to place it. It's hard to feed it where it's currently located due to current.
Thank you for sharing the pic.

oceana

in the cave is one of my sun corals. it does not need to be in the cave but i like that it can be in the cave since it does not need any light.
for fish i keep it VERY light. i dont think you should have lots of fish in a reef tank.
the goal in a reef is to have nearly perfect water. IMO having lots of fish sure does not help.
i have
large sailfin tang 10 years old around 10+ inches
mated maroon clowns
lawnmower blenny
corris wrasse
glad everyone likes the carpet. got him for 40.00 bucks from the LFS. when fully open hes about 20" across.
a few weeks ago he ate a 6-7 inch hippo tang. the tang got spoked i guess and ran right into the carpet. its VERY VERY stick and the hippo stuck to it like glue. took no time at all to suck it down.