A quick note to our guests...

1journeyman

Every day we have thousands of guests visit this site. I want to take just a second to say hello and welcome!
I also want to encourage you to sign up and join in our discussions. It's pain free I promise

No one on this forum was born with the knowledge to keep saltwater tanks. Each of us have learned to keep our tanks (and the good aquarists keep learning every day).
No questions are too basic. We'd love for you to join us and share your successes and failures. Success stories are always encouraging, and failures can help prevent the next aquarist from repeating your mistake.
Our forum rules are very simple to abide by. Be respectful, watch your language (remember we have young aquarists here), don't post links to competitor sites (out of respect to SWF for hosting this great forum for us) or sites that advertise competitors (we discourage links period) and try to post in the appropriate forum.
So; Sign up! We want you to feel welcome.

flachef2

Journey respectful question for you, how come everyone has tons of reply's and views and dont have one reply post to my question? Since Iam new at posting threads and questions, was wondering if I did something technically (sp) wrong or even not polite. Or maybe just no one knows the answer?
Thanks

sepulatian

Originally Posted by flachef2
Journey respectful question for you, how come everyone has tons of reply's and views and dont have one reply post to my question? Since Iam new at posting threads and questions, was wondering if I did something technically (sp) wrong or even not polite. Or maybe just no one knows the answer?
Thanks
I am sure Journey ment nothing wrong by missing your post. Whats the link to it?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Every day we have thousands of guests visit this site. I want to take just a second to say hello and welcome!
I also want to encourage you to sign up and join in our discussions. It's pain free I promise

No one on this forum was born with the knowledge to keep saltwater tanks. Each of us have learned to keep our tanks (and the good aquarists keep learning every day).
No questions are too basic. We'd love for you to join us and share your successes and failures. Success stories are always encouraging, and failures can help prevent the next aquarist from repeating your mistake.
Our forum rules are very simple to abide by. Be respectful, watch your language (remember we have young aquarists here), don't post links to competitor sites (out of respect to SWF for hosting this great forum for us) or sites that advertise competitors (we discourage links period) and try to post in the appropriate forum.
Yes, Journey, I love this post!!! Welcome all newbies to SWF.com, please feel free to ask any and all questions you may have, we are all here to help!!!!

flachef2

https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=246680
its about 8-9 questions down from the top thread.
Its titled Protein skimmer in sump
Thanks hopefully you know some of the answers Iam looking for.
And no I wasnt taking it personally that no one answered just wondered if I had posted it wrong or wasnt signed in properly and perhaps only I could view it. What do you expect from a Newbie like me? haha

1knight164

Thanks for posting this, Journeyman. Takes a lot of guesswork on how this message board runs. I do agree with HaLo Frk03, though. Should be permanent.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
this thread should be a sticky
As fast as the new hobbyist forum is moving I may have to make it one to keep it on the first page!

sepulatian

As fast as the new hobbyist forum is moving I may have to make it one to keep it on the first page!
lol yup, nothing stays on the first page for long in this forum :jumping:

maeistero

No one on this forum was born with the knowledge to keep saltwater tanks.
(remember we have young aquarists here), We want you to feel welcome.

are you serious?!?! i do know everything!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by maeistero
are you serious?!?! i do know everything!

hahaha.....silly
Come on, this is for newbies, you are old school :joy:

bill109

Originally Posted by puffer32
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone :cheer: :jumping:

welcome to all an like mentioned above hapy new year and come join the boards these people are AWESOME :cheer: they will help you thgough everything!!! wel to an extent
your New years resolution..
do the Thing youve wanted to do everytime you walk into your local fish store..
set up a SALTWATER aquarium..
yes the unspeakable to some but relly a piece of CAKE!!!
so comeon and join the forums and make a dream reality

(wow tht sounded good huh? ***) )
plus they have al these really cool smilies when you post

sepulatian

Originally Posted by bill109
welcome to all an like mentioned above hapy new year and come join the boards these people are AWESOME :cheer: they will help you thgough everything!!! wel to an extent
your New years resolution..
do the Thing youve wanted to do everytime you walk into your local fish store..
set up a SALTWATER aquarium..
yes the unspeakable to some but relly a piece of CAKE!!!
so comeon and join the forums and make a dream reality

(wow tht sounded good huh? ***) )
plus they have al these really cool smilies when you post

LOL we LUV ya Bill!!!!!!

tbrew85

Ok, I will take this opportunity to make my first post on these forums.
I was given a 75 gallon tank and an ugly stand by a friend who just had it sitting in his garage. I had a little 33 gallon saltwater tank nearly twenty years ago that I couldn’t keep anything alive in. I thought to myself, self…..this is the age of the internet and you can find any info you want online so why not try again. This was pretty much the first site I stumbled across. I am very glad that I did. The information available from this site alone is astounding. The willingness of the members to answer questions from inexperienced hobbyists in a friendly and knowledgeable manner is unlike any forum I have perused in any subject. I have read hundreds of posts in the last few weeks and I think I have only read one rude comment.
So far I have built my own sump, built a nice stand and canopy, ordered retrofit lighting for the canopy, ordered a protein skimmer, installed an RO/DI system in my basement , added water, salt, live sand, and a few pieces of live rock, and order a refractometer from this site. Before I found this site I knew I wanted a saltwater tank. I didn’t know anything about ANY of the previously mentioned items. I haven’t asked any questions yet because every time I come up with one, the answer is easily found by searching the forums. I know I’m a newbie and I have much to learn. I want to thank every member that has posted info to these forums whether I have seen your post or not. You are helping more people then the ones you are actually answering and it is greatly appreciated.
By the way, the only livestock I have in the tank so far is a hitch hiking snail on the 10 lbs of live rock I have so far. ;-)

michaeltx

welcome to the board and dont be a stranger we all love the hobby here and are willing to help others through what we have muddle through some better than others.
Mike

sepulatian

Originally Posted by tbrew85
Ok, I will take this opportunity to make my first post on these forums.
I was given a 75 gallon tank and an ugly stand by a friend who just had it sitting in his garage. I had a little 33 gallon saltwater tank nearly twenty years ago that I couldn’t keep anything alive in. I thought to myself, self…..this is the age of the internet and you can find any info you want online so why not try again. This was pretty much the first site I stumbled across. I am very glad that I did. The information available from this site alone is astounding. The willingness of the members to answer questions from inexperienced hobbyists in a friendly and knowledgeable manner is unlike any forum I have perused in any subject. I have read hundreds of posts in the last few weeks and I think I have only read one rude comment.
So far I have built my own sump, built a nice stand and canopy, ordered retrofit lighting for the canopy, ordered a protein skimmer, installed an RO/DI system in my basement , added water, salt, live sand, and a few pieces of live rock, and order a refractometer from this site. Before I found this site I knew I wanted a saltwater tank. I didn’t know anything about ANY of the previously mentioned items. I haven’t asked any questions yet because every time I come up with one, the answer is easily found by searching the forums. I know I’m a newbie and I have much to learn. I want to thank every member that has posted info to these forums whether I have seen your post or not. You are helping more people then the ones you are actually answering and it is greatly appreciated.
By the way, the only livestock I have in the tank so far is a hitch hiking snail on the 10 lbs of live rock I have so far. ;-)
I am sure the snail is happy :joy: Welcome to the boards! Stay, enjoy, and if you ever do have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!!! We are here because we all like helping other aquarists such as yourself. Again Welcome to the boards and I am glad you have enjoyed your experience with us so far!!

1knight164

Welcome tbrew. Sounds like you did it right by using the "search" function. Tons and tons of info in the archives. You know, I thought i'd make one maybe two posts, but these folks are super with their advice as you mentioned. Take care!

joncat24

tbrew...you and I are from the same town....
where do you do your shopping? Habe you been to aqautic pets and ponds in springboro??? It is the best stroe around I think....