A Quick Opinion

junco

Maybe someone can give me there opinion on what the best water test kits are on the market for accuracy.

srfisher17

I like Salifert too; but I've gradually switched toSeaChem. They are less expensive and IMO & IME, just as accurate. They also have great tech support if something just doesn't look right. In fact, I like all their products.

keebler

I recommend two different brands of "good" test kits. That way you can compare results and ensure a good outcome. Avoid cheap test kits, as they tend to be less accurate. Even by just looking at the instructions and ranges on result sheets, you can get a pretty good idea of how accurate they are. Salifert and seachem are pretty good, but in all honesty, if you don't have a reef, it would be too much time and money to invest. Aquarium Pharmaceuticals isn't very good. If you have a Fish only tank and are on a budget, I think hagen is a pretty good choice. But nothing IMO beats Salifert.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by keith burn
http:///forum/post/2751101
Try your lfs most will test water free...
LFS often use cheap test strips.
Water test kits, within easy access at home, are essential to keeping a healthy aquarium imho.
I like Salifert.