a snail gave out an SOS to have me clean the protein skimmer

chefselcamino

So i hear a dripping comming from my tank the other night... well, a tfirst i thought it sounded like my trigger was nipping at one of my snails....like he usually does. so i run up to try to stop it. nothing... a few moments later...hear it again. go up again... nothing. sit back down. and once again it starts...well i think and listen a bit more....sounds like water dripping on plastic. And it was. so panicking i run and grab a towel and try to locate what the drip was from. turns out that the air line from the protein skimmer came off and was letter too much water through the skimmer and was overflowing a bit. no big deal. i think it was a snail maybe . i don't know...thats what i think. so i'm like...well, i havn't cleaned this in a long time. so maybe it's time to give it a thorough cleaning. looks brand new again. plug it in, and re adjust everything. a few minutes later, it's working better then ever.. i used to think that it was doing such a good job, that i didn't have much sludge to be removed...oh no, it just hasn't been working properly over the past month or few. but so far soo goon now.. just thought i should share that with the rest of the community. thanks! and remember..if something isn't working the way it should....take it out, clean the crap out of it, and put it back... lol

flower

LOL...The sail didn't brake it so you should change the title to a snail gave out an SOS to have me clean the protein skimmer.