A sound ID??

mabena

Alright I dont have any sounds or pictures here but since ive added about 10 pounds of live rock (2 months ago) i have heard clicking sounds coming from inside my tank!. i have seen about 10 mini brittles, 3 astrea stars, and things are growing all over the live rock, but no crabs or anything like that!. What can it be?

mabena

Everytime i hear it..I run to the tank and look everywhere for something..I already had 20 lbs in my tank before i added this but never heard anything. I got the rock from some guy who had it in his tank for 3 years. Some pieces had red slim algea on it but my turbo took care of that within 3 days, and since that my rock has turned purple and seems to be growing some hard corals.
I have 1 pep shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, cho chip star, and 6 small fish!
The noise is loud, i can hear it 20 feet away from in my bedroom! click click click and it only happens here and there

firestorm

Originally Posted by mabena
http:///forum/post/2992924
Everytime i hear it..I run to the tank and look everywhere for something..I already had 20 lbs in my tank before i added this but never heard anything. I got the rock from some guy who had it in his tank for 3 years. Some pieces had red slim algea on it but my turbo took care of that within 3 days, and since that my rock has turned purple and seems to be growing some hard corals.
I have 1 pep shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, cho chip star, and 6 small fish!
The noise is loud, i can hear it 20 feet away from in my bedroom! click click click and it only happens here and there

Any chance its mechanical? As in, you're running a regular filter that's running out of water, and its the motor clicking?

mabena

Its definatley not something mechanical. im just gonna keep an ear and eye out and gonna try to figure this out..i just listened to a mantis shrimp sound ...and it sounds identical, but i havent seen anything yet!

indy2009

possibly a Mantis shrimp, once your tank lights go out wait about 15 minutes take a flashlight to your tank.