aaaaahhhh, messed up eye

b_ball12_99

Ok, my tank has been running since 1st of january, put damsels in january 15th. My green damsel this morning had a puffed eye. Let me explaine it. It looks like an iar bubble is stuck to the top, the whole eye sticks out, and the area between the body and eye (part sticking out) is blood shot looking (nasty red everywhere). I'm hoping this section isn't neglated like some of the others. Please help.

try some melafix its for bacterial infections,pop eye and so ,it is invert safe and is not a cure for parasites.

Originally posted by b_ball12_99:
<STRONG>I can get this from my LFS correct?</STRONG>
yes you can!!

I havent had any personal experience with malaflix but I have heard some horror stories. IMO, use Maracyn or Maracyn II, I have had good luck with these two products in the past and they can be used in conjunction. They also have high doses of vitamins. I think only one of them treats for popeye but I dont remember which one so you would have to check the back of the box. gl!

well we all have stories that dosen't mean you should disregard the solution this fish will get alot worse if something isn't done soon that is my end result=results.i have used both products and the one i didn't suggest didn't work for me.my 2 cents

O3,
I agree with you 100%, which is why I offered another opinion. I have melaflix under my FO tank, just havent had a reason to try it yet. It wasnt a personal attack or doubting your knowledge, and I try to avoid basing my decisions on what I have heard and not seen, but being that I have not seen how melaflix works but have used maracyn three times with great results I offered that treatment as an option. Regardless, B_ball, hope your fish pulls through.

see b_ball everyone has different results,i am not offended just trying to fix the problem,right now in a 5 gallon i have a achilles tang that sinmce day 1 has had a problem with bacteria=eye cloudy and popped out.i had it cured before and then 2 months down the road it is back again.these tangs are very sensative he is also in with 1 yellow 1 naso 1 emperior 1 sailfin 1 and some others and he is the only one that gets it,from now on i will just run the ozone generator all the time that will get um!!

Melafix is made from herbs and is not an antibiotic, therfore it should be used as a preventive messure not for a cure. Maracyn and Maracyn II is an antibiotic which should be used to treat infected fish. If the disease is not caught in an early stage, then in my opinion, it may be too late for either treatment.

b_ball12_99

Well the top part looks a lot better. The bottom still looks bad though. This is day 2 of the treatment. I'll post another update after my sergury and I can get back on.

kool your a surgeon!there is no carbon in there right also stop pro skimming,and treat everyday like it says.

b_ball12_99

I took the filter pad out yesterday when I did it for several hours then placed it back in. It is an eclips filter system. Sine I have a bio wheel for oxygen and I don't get much waste should I leave the filter pad out all night?

i don't use a eclipse i don't know if they have carbon in them. if it doe's take the carbon out of the pad and put the pad back in.

b_ball12_99

Wish it was like a Whisper filter. Only way to remove it would be to cut open the pad. I'll just keep it out and run the filter and bio wheel. Redness is almost all gone. It looks like the bubbles came back. Is it part of the diese or actually air bubbles. They come and go.

b_ball12_99

Update: Woke up this morning and the eye is continueing to look better. I left my active carbon filter pad out the whole day and it made a difference. The fish actually ate today!