AAAHHGGG HOT magnum ????

pallan

have tried two diffrent HOT magnums and had the same results
using the carbon filter media microairbubbles from hell no matter how much tweaking and messing i have tried
using the micron filter seems to clear it up in short order. awaiting final test result now to see if the bubbles clear in a bit.
Any one else experience this problem any solutions out there. Do i give up on running carbon in this thing and just use the micron.
the only reason i got this was to be able to run the occasional carbon but dont want to do that if everytime i turn it on it just pumps my tank full of air for the entire time it runs.
Thanks in advance for any help

pallan

ok ive tried that as well. gonna give up on this piece of junk boy i cant wait till i get a sump built and get rid of this HOT junk i currently run.

nytrillium

ive got the hot 250 and yes, when you first start it there arer micro bubbles.... They go away after about 5-10 minutes. Its just tthe air inside the chamber. If they continue, check the seal on the top of the canister and make sure it isnt leaking. Ive had mine for a couple years now and ive never had any problems with it.

pallan

Originally Posted by NYTrillium
ive got the hot 250 and yes, when you first start it there arer micro bubbles.... They go away after about 5-10 minutes. Its just tthe air inside the chamber. If they continue, check the seal on the top of the canister and make sure it isnt leaking. Ive had mine for a couple years now and ive never had any problems with it.

mine start and then never go away days later air still floating all around the tank.
the first one i bought was used so i guess live and learn. the 2nd one was brand new out of the box and it does the exact same thing. dont know how i could hook this thing up wrong but either i must be anidiot or this filter is junk.
personally i tend to lean torward the idiot side more, I just cant figure it out.

nytrillium

when you set it up do you fill the canister all the way up with water? And after it has been running, where is teh water level in the canister. If the water level drops to 1/2 way then you have a leaky seal. That can cause the bubbles. Dont give up on it too quickly cause ive had great luck with mine.

pallan

played around with it somemore now today
ive removed the air tube, and using a micron filter. filled it all the way up (as i have been) and used some of the silicone sealant that came in the box on the d-ring and it appears to stopped. looks like im just gonna have to lube that seal each time.
thanks for the encouragment to keep on. it really cleans out the gunk in the tank fast i knew that before but i just could not stand the bubbles

nytrillium

yep. another trick is to get the seal wet before you put the cover on. also make sure that it has seated well before you lock it down. Glad its working for you.