About emerald crabs and flame scallops.

longx412

My lawnmover blenny was breathing hard for few days now. Then he was missing. He wasn't in his cave that he usually hang out in. This morning I saw my emerald crab munching on something white and big. Oh o lost my benny, poor guy. My question is.... should I keep my emerald crabs? I think they are very distrubing. I have 2 emerald and an anemone crab in my 60 gallon tank. Anyone have good/bad experience with these guys? I took out the dead body right away.
Also....I have two red flaming scallop and I just read about how they release toxic waste when they die. Thats another threat so I'm thinking about getting rid of them. What do you think guys? Stay or Go.....?
Oh yeah and horsecrab.. I was to start a reef tank.. I think those guys have to go also...

bdhough

Don't nkow about the scallop. If you can get the horseshoe crab to live they are big and cumbersome in a tank that size. I would get rid of them. The emeralds are scavengers and algae eaters. They will eat meat IE your dead Blenny. Its possible your Blenny was weak and was caught by the crab and made a meal of. I would keep the crabs though...