? about Formalin and FAQ

bettym

In the FAQ it says 20 drops per gal but on my box its says 2 drop per gal and it is the same stuff as the pic.I just want to make sure the box is right and if the FAQ has a typo.Anyone know the answer?
Formalin Bath

[hr]
In a separate dedicated container fill with water from your display. Use a 37% formaldehyde solution [brand name Formalin which is sold in the hobby] at 20 drops for each gal of water. Be sure to aerate the bathe water using an airstone that is deadicated to formalin bathes. Place infected fish in the bathe for 45 minutes, every other day, 3-5 treatments.
Warning: This is a toxic medication so don't overdose. When finished with the bath, safely disgard the bath water. Do not use the same water for subsequest treatments. Take care not to have contact with the formalin.
Attached Images
By the way I have a yellow tang with black ick.He is eating like a pig.Should I put in a small tank and treat him and place him back in the main tank and catch him later for the other treatments or put him in a QT and hold him for the rest of the treatments?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The instructions on the bottle are geared toward medicating tank long term, whereas my instructions are for bathes only.