? about Halichoeres Melanurus aka Neon Wrasse/Tail Spot.

quis

I saw this fish at the LFS for $24, and I really like the way it looks. My question is.... is this Wrasse reef safe and will it eat my inverts? The fish thats in my tank now is a pair of False Percula Clownfish, Purplefire Fish, Yellow Watchman, Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse. For inverts I have a Cleaner Shrimp, Feather Duster, about 20 various snail, and hermit. I also plan on getting a clam in the future. Should I go ahead and get this fish? Thanks in advance.

rbrockm1

A 50 gallon or larger aquarium is required for the Neon Wrasse. They are peaceful to other fish, but are territorial, bordering on aggressive with conspecifics, so it is best to keep one per tank. They require plenty of swimming room, and excellent water conditions.
A carnivore, the Neon Wrasse requires regular feedings that include a variety of prepared and live meaty foods, such as feeder shrimps, flaked foods, and marine fish. To acclimate them to eating prepared foods, start with a food that will sink to the bottom that the Neon Wrasse can consume from there. They are to be kept with caution when kept in reef tanks.
I posted a picture to make sure we have the same fish in mind. Some times fish are labeled wrong at LFS.

rbrockm1

when i looked up the pic it said it was a neon wrasse. I guess you can't believe everything on the web.