? about Koralia powerheads

purpletang1

I went to the LFS today and they had Koralia 4 powerheads for $70 each. Went on ---- just now and I can get one brand new for $43. Is it really worth the money to buy one of these? or it it not really much difference between these and marine land powerheads?

maryg

There is a big difference. I just got my Koralia. It is great. It doesn't shoot a straight stream it does a broadcast flow.

mch2o

i would say no due to the fact i have 4 other things in my tank but mine is a 110 gallon and I have 2 Koralia 4's in mine and they rock my tank which is awsome cause I'm putting sps's in my tank

mch2o

lol no they will make it worst until it settle and clears up.
but that is good just give it time. What ever you do dont point them bad boys down. bad idea look at mine and I have a crap ton of flow all over my tank
Attachment 211198

fau8

I think they are great, I and using a 2 and a 3. The 3 really puts out alot of flow. What is the lenght of your tank? If it is 4 feet I think the 4 will be to much flow.

anonome

I run 2 koralia #4's, on opposite sides of the tank in my 125, and have more than enough flow. I have had to rearrange some of my LPS corals that were close to them.....they really put out the flow. Like someone already said, it is a broad range flow, not a narrow flow pattern. You will like them.
In a 90, you may be able to use the 3's, on opposite sides of the tank. Get two. But, if you will be running sps, then do the 4's.

gradth

I use them and like them. They provide great current. I did just pick up 2 K3's off the internet brand new for the same price I paid my LFS for one.