?? about Sun Corals

tall_90

My lfs said to put my sun coral right under a power head, and another lfs said to put it in a cave and no flow. someone else said to put it on the sand and cover it during feeding. How do i treat this guy, it is not opening, i feed it mysis shrimp.

dutch06

Mine is under a cave with little flow. I cover it with a bowl to feed. The bowl is to keep shrimp and crabs from stealing food from the sun coral. It also allows additional time for the sun coral to "grab" the food when feeding such food as cyclopeeze. It doesn't require light or flow, only a proper feeding schedule. You can search my threads for a picture of mine.

05xrunner

I got mine about 2weeks ago..For the first week -week and half..i would take it out and put it in a bowl and feed it with cyclopezee and let it sit in there with it for about 15-20min...it wouldnt open much but it was just to get it back to opening.
Now flow I dont think you need much..mine is in a kinda low/medium flow area and its under a small ledge in my tank..they dont need light since they are not photosynthetic. They take some work cause you have to feed each head...Putting directly on sand is bad if u got any polyps that are towards the bottom it can smother them. I put some rubble in the sand and mine on that sie the polyps are above the sand. Some cut a 2liter in half and put it over the coral and squirt in mysis or cyclopezee so it gets fed and not bothered by the other fish.
I am not doing the bottle..I am going to use a syringe to squirt each head with food
Here is mine :)