Acan Identification

oneradtek

help me with the names/prices of these acans. They just got put in my tank the night before so they're not the most healthy looking right now. thanx everyone!

I think once this opens, its a watermelon perhaps?

paintballer768

#1 is a lordhowensis. #2 is an echinata. #3 I cant ID. The only common, solitary acans in the hobby are acan maxima, but those usually are priced up with the AAA scolymias. If it starts reproducing more rapidly, I would say itll be echinata or lord, but its much too early to tell.
Very nice pieces by the way, that watermelon one could fetch a nice price IMO. Theyre very hardy and Im sure theyll regain those lost polyps before ya know it

oneradtek

im new to acans, but where are the best places to get those polyps to fill out more and extend? they are all in moderate flow.
orange arrow- lordhowensis
red arrow- echinata
blue arrow- watermelon

zeppelin

3rd one is definitely not a maxima, and neither are any of the ones being advertised as such so often lately. Acan maxima is only known to be found in Omen waters and collection is highly illegal. Also, acan maxima are a dull grey/green. Most of the colorful pieces being represented as acan maxima(so they can sell them at the ridiculous prices you see) are instead either lobophyllia or scolymia.
Nice pieces you have there, BTW. If that solitary polyp is small, it may be a lordhowensis also.

petjunkie

I would move that enchinata a few more inches away if I were you. I also agree no way is the last one a maxima, probably a lord but hard to tell with one live polyp only.

mr_x

the fastest way to see these guys grow is to feed them meaty foods. 2- 3 times a week and you'll see heads popping out like crazy. the skeleton underneath will take a bit longer. the don't need a ton of light. the sand bed is a perfect place for them.