Acclimating Janitor Reef Package

bostonpro

Hi All,
This is the first time I've bought live stock from SaltWaterFish.com. I purchased the Janitor Reef Package. I recieved an email from swf.com stating that the snails and hermit crabs didn't need to go through the Acclimation process and only to float them in the tank for 15 minutes in order to get the tempurature adjusted. I realize I need to do the Acclimation process for the Coral Banded Shrimp.
My question is, do I need to go through the Acclimation process for the Emerald Crabs and the Lettuce Nudibranch or just float them for 15 minutes to get the temp adjusted? Just not sure if they are considered "Snails and Hermits" or not.
Thanks in advance!

kingsmith

I would do it for all of them, I read on some board that snails were actually the most sensitive and needed a longer acclimation time though myself I had never assumed this and always acclimated them shorter, but better safe than sorry

nycbob

snails, crabs and shrimps, i'd drip acclimate since they r more sensitive. unless the snails r shipped dried.

bostonpro

Thanks for the responses. This brings me to a side question, why do they ship some of the snails dried? I would think that they would die (obviously they won't or they wouldn't do it). But I just wonder how they can survive without being in water.
I just got the order in and it looks like only the Nassarius snails are without water.