Acclimating Tank

hnf2k

i work for a veterinarian so i have easy access to IV setups. is there anything i could do with an IV setup to help acclimate my fish. like instead of dropping 1 cup of water in every 5 minutes, i could have an IV bag of fluid(filled with water from my main tank)slowly dripping into the bag with the fish to help acclimate him without the waterfall effect. is this a good idea or a waste of my time?

surfnturf

Probably a waste of time, especially considering the heat loss while the water is sitting in the "bag" so to speak. IV drip is way too slow unless you are talk about an extremely low volume of water. Quit worrying dude, temp and pH are way more important, test the bag water and proceed accordingly, better yet, have the LFS perform a complete water quality test on the tank the fish is coming from, that might ruffle their feathers, if it does, don't buy any fish from them.

S

simm

I just use a long piece of air tubing. Stick it into my show tank then tie a knot at the other end and make a drip. This has worked very well me. Ill drip 1 fish for about 2 hours.