Acclimation of 2 new fish from SWF

oceanjumper

I just ordered a Tiger Goby and an Orange Shoulder Tang via SWF. I assume they will come in two separate bags (but am not sure). To acclimate them, using their recommened drip method, can I cut both bags into the same bucket and start the process? Or, is it recommended to acclimate them in separate buckets? :thinking:

mr. tuna

I have done them is the same bag before, and everything went fine.. but i acclimated different fish together.. not those. :nope:

jimnlee

I think if you read their instructions closely, they say that you can acclimate all fish together, but not the inverts. good luck!

oceanjumper

I must say that SWF's instruction are a little vague regarding this. As far as reducing stress to the fish, I have read different opinions. Some say it is better for the fish not to isolate them during stressful periods. Other say fish can show strange behavior and become aggressive... Ah well... I guess if they do come in separate bags, two to three more hours by themselves is insignificant. Besides, it is a little effort to make two drippers...

jimnlee

I should have mentioned in my last post that I personally have always combined the fish and have never had a problem. Good luck!