acclimation

flamehawk

Always wondered....if you are going to move a fish from an already established tank to another that has the same water parameters in the same fish room, do you have to acclimate him. Fish has been in one tank for many weeks, sometimes months, same everything, salinity, temp, ph,Na, etc. since the same water source is used.....would like your opinion.....

sleeper

In many years of keeping freshwater tanks at very consistent parameters, I had absolutely no problems moving fish between them. I often did 15-20 acclimation periods to be sure, but once I clearly remember just dumping a bunch of mollies, platys and goramis into my 55 with no acclimation at all.
However, I've never tried it with my marine life, which we all know can be a little more fragile. I would say if the parameters are 100% the same, it's probably no sweat. But why risk it?

angelsrock

it should not be a problem at all as long as all the parameters are the same. that's the whole point of acclimation to get the parameters in the bagged fish usually to have the same parameters as your tank, which gets close but never exact and if you do then that's better.