achilles tang question

lightfoot

I really like the achille tang and was wondering if this would be a good fish to add to my tank. My tank has been running for about 5 months with mainly grabs,snails, shrimp and 2 damsels the water levels a good and have always been good, the tank is a 75 gal with live rock and live sand.

jonthefb

achilles tangs are in my experience very hard to keep, they are extremely prone to ick and other ailments. However tehre are those cases where they do survive and when they do they look splendid in a tank. The lfs that i work at has had two come in. One caught ick right away and then croaked, the other one we still have, is doing fine and hasnt been sold yet!

mr . salty

I would not reccomend this gish to anyone that hasn't been setup for at least a year.As jonthefb said,they are VERY hard to keep.I had one,I KNOW from experence.Plus your tank is the bare minimum size for this fish,So on that fact alone I would say NO....

aquarius

The achilles tang is a very difficult fish to keep and should only be sought after by the most experienced hobbyist.