Acro Bugs!!! Help Asap Please!!!

cedarreef

I just bought a beautiful colony of purple tabling acros, but i looked a little closer and saw little orange dots on one of the branches... then, some moved. they're way too small to take a pic of. i think they might be acro bugs... what should i do??? how do i prevent them from taking over and eating all my beautiful acros?!
Please help. thanks!

meowzer

Do a freshwater dip.....dip the coral in RO/freshwater for 5-8 minutes....then you can also do a lugols (iodide) dip.....in the FW dip though...they should (Isay should) jump off

wangotango

If they are red bugs, then the best thing to get rid of them for good are Interceptor tabs (heartworm p i l l s for dogs). You can only get them at your vet though...
-Justin

cedarreef

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3194469
Do a freshwater dip.....dip the coral in RO/freshwater for 5-8 minutes....then you can also do a lugols (iodide) dip.....in the FW dip though...they should (Isay should) jump off
I was reading some stuff online and it said that a FW dip on SPS could actually do more harm than good...? Plus, I don't have any Lugol's iodine.

If you don't have lugols you can go to your local drug store and get tincture of iodine.
'Add 15-20 drops of Tincture of Iodine to a liter of tank water and allow the corals to stay in this dip for 10 -15 minutes. Rinse the animals with tank water prior to placing them in your tank. When finished, throw out the dip water, do not add it to your tank.'