acro help

viet-tin

My acro seems to be receeding underneath where it gets no light. Is this normal or is thi s a case of rtn. I just recently had a colony die of rtn has it spread to this colony as well?

viet-tin

Forgot to mention that my water params are all in line all my other sps are doing fine. Its just this one colony that has a branch or 2 that gets no light at all. Cant get a pic due to the angle the thing is mounted.

viet-tin

wow that was a fast response thanks. yea forgot to mention that as well. I have a tunze 6080 and a seio 820 and whatever comes from my return. It gets quite alot of flow

viet-tin

Can anything be done to save it? I heard that you should cut the good pieces and toss the dead stuff.

reefnut

I'm telling yeah... don't dismiss water flow so quickly. Just because the tank is getting a lot of flow... doesn't mean that spot is.
Sense it is "receding" but not in a full shut down, move it into another spot to see if it will do better there. Otherwise frag off the arm that is effected and get it out of the tank... because it could send the rest of the coral into RTN if it continues.

viet-tin

seems like you were right I picked up the coral and a bunch of gunk blew off. I did some rock reaaranging before I added it so ill do some more to let the flow hit this guy.

viet-tin

wow ive never seen such polyp extension from this guy till now. Should I still frag this guy or wait it out? Would hate to lose this guy like my other colony.

reefnut

Personally I'd wait. Chances are it will recover but if you see any further damage then frag it.