Acro Lokani

bears

I saw a few 2" frags at my LFS for $20, is that a good price(for future reference) and also what do you need for them ex. high lighting and med. flow?

chilwil84

anybody on this forum have pics with deepwater acros doing good they look sweet but placement gets me nervous never seeing pics in hobbyist tanks

teen

i dont have one, but plenty of people on -- have them. ive seen a lot of nice ones and growth pics, so i know there surviving. theres more challenging corals out there.

chilwil84

i guess i will have to make a specific search for them over there and stay away from the normal sps picture threads that only cost me money

teen

there was just a thread in the sps section titled 20,000 leagues lokani or something like that. it may have had pics, but i dont really remember, im gunna go over there and check.

teen

k, im back. it has a few pic. its the last thread on the page right now, it may be on page 2 already.
basically the term "deep water" means it likes a gentle flow to keep its shape and stay alive. people were arguing about lighting conditions, but its the same as any other acro imo. thats pretty much what i got out of it.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by teen
there was just a thread in the sps section titled 20,000 leagues lokani or something like that. it may have had pics, but i dont really remember, im gunna go over there and check.
ah yes the 20000 leagues (birds nest)awsome coral

teen

Originally Posted by reefreak29
ah yes the 20000 leagues (birds nest)awsome coral
its not a birdsnest.

chilwil84

little heated debate on that subjuct on -- the picture at the end from a web sit shows a sweet 20,000

teen

i seen when you posted that a while back. its amazing. i assume its not ready to be fragged yet?

viper_930

The coral is ready, but I'm not.
I can't bring myself to chopping it up.
That's an old pic and it's grown some. I'll see if I can get a new pic tomorrow.

teen

did the whole coral take on the swirl color pattern on the bottom? pics would be awesome.

chilwil84

has the swirl of green grown up the colony as it matured i think i remember some discussion on that a while back