acrylic DIYers needed

flatzboy

I used weld-on 4 for my 15g. sump./fuge, I think there is a site called usplastics or something.:D

kpk

Weld-on 16 is what I used, fills small cracks and is more gooy then wet. usplastics about 8 bucks

sandman12

Well i got some weldon 4 and a needle from a local acrylic guy today. He gave me the best price....free!!!
I need to know one more thing before i go on. IS it safe to use a 3/16" acrlic bottom? the sides r 1/2" acrylic.
Thanks
James
flatzboy, how much was ur acrylic for ur sump? where did u get it at?

flatzboy

I got it from a guy on ---- who precut it and everything, it was like $100. The dimensions are 24''L, 15''H, 10''W.

sandman12

oic, so u just glued? Did u just hold the pieces by hand till they dried. I did a practice run earlier. drys fast and strong. How thick is ur acrylic?

flatzboy

Mine is I believe .25'. I taped them all together first, they don't have to be tight when you tape them just to hold them together then I slide like 15 big rubber bands around the 4 sides to hold them tight together. I wouldn't use my hands the rubber band process works good. If you can't find any big enough rubber bands then use electrical tape because its kind of stretchy so you can pull them reel tight together like a rubber band.:D