acrylic paint???

boadyboom

Is it a good idea to paint the back of my tank? its acrylic just wondering how well paint will stick, seems like it would look nicer that way than that paper backing. Also what bout using car tint on the back like a limo tint anybody ever try that?

cprdnick

not sure about the paint, but I am sure that I should suggest against the window tint. If you were to use this it would create a mirror on the back of the tank. Not only would this be confusing to the viewers, but it would confuse the fish and stress them out.

phoenixpi

I used a latex, non-toxic craft paint from the craft dept. at wal-mart. $1.97 a bottle. Took a little over one bottle to do my 55. They have seevral shades of blue, pr black. Worked great for me.

niger12

Krylon makes a new spray paint just for plastics called Fusion. I have used it and it sticks great.

nm reef

I used a flat black latex on my glass display but from what I understand latex should bond well enough to either glass or acrylic...plus if it doesn't fit your needs it can be easily removed.:thinking:

phoenixpi

That's what I liked about this stuff. It went on thick and since my tank was set up, I was limited to a brush on paint. It definitely comes off easily, if you mess up or don't like it. You can peel it right off.