Acrylic Scratches?

blueface

I posted this in the reef forum but haven't got a response yet. I have an acrylic tank that has alot of fine scratches due to my kids putting our cat in it. I had it all cleaned out & waiting to start my new reef. I have purchased this product called Novus. I bought all 3 types; #3 Heavy, #2 Fine, & #3 Clean. My question is it says to use a clean soft cloth. I used a new cotton t-shirt & it didn't work. What am I doing wrong??? I want order my live rock to start the cycle!
:help:

niger12

Is this product a liquid? I don't think the grit in a liquid cutting compound will do it. I have had several acrylic tanks and I use a kits that has about 10 different grits of for lack of better term sand paper. This kit has taken many scratches out of my tanks, even on the inside with the tank set up. I will dig it out and repost the name.

niger12

It is a Rainbow Lifeguard Scratch Removal Kit. I have seen them a LFS that sell acrylic tanks and also on many websites.

leadian

I have yet to find, or heard of someone who has found, a way to get the fine scratches out of Acrylic. It's part of the trade off.Sorry its not more helpful to your situation, just sharing.

niger12

You can remove the fine scratches it just takes some work and tools. Use the same buffer you would use to wheel out the paint on your car and it will be smooth as glass.