Add Two Firefish or One at a time??

doublezero

I have had my LMB in my 55g for about 6 weeks now(it is the only fish I have in the tank with 5 snails) and I think it is time for me to add another fish(es)..
I would like to add a firefish (actually I would like to have a pair)... I have set up a 10g qt and have had that running smoothly for about 10 weeks... parameters have been stable in the acceptable range and I keep feeding it flake food daily to maintain bacteria populations...
the question(dilemma) can I (or should I )add the two firefish simultaneously?? into the qt? or will that be too much for the 10g to handle at once???
or would it be better to add one at a time after the first is qt for 2 weeks(if everything goes well)???
any thoughts???
thanks

I

ivanfj

Add them at the same time. You just need to closely monitor the water quality of the 10g. After a week or so, I would put the fish into your display. Firefish usually don't come with any disease.

spline9

I second the together thing also. They also find comfort in numbers so it may help their stress level while being introduced to their new home.

jourdy

i had trouble introducing new firefish to my LMB.
i dont know why, but everytime i put a firefish in my tank, the LMB attacks it during the night, when the firefish goes to hide amidst the rocks.
Everytime i put a firefish in, the LMB would bite it. :)

cayman isl

I had my eye on 2 firefish at the LFS and watched them together in a larger tank for about 2 weeks (in with other fish as well). I decided to get them and put them both in my 20 gallon QT.
The next day one of them was dead! He/she had some shreds on his tail but other than that looked fine. (other than being dead)
I'm thinking "Richard" (the survivor), took him/her out! I was hoping they were a mated pair, but I guess them being in the much smaller tank than they were used to may have caused stress or aggression.
Probably works for some, didn't work so well for me!
Good Luck!
Richard:

doublezero

Thanks for all the replies... I probably will only get one firefish and that will allow me to get another type of fish at a later date...
I am thinking for the overall picture to have:
1 LMB
1 Firefish(now)
1 sixline wrasse
1 ????
and after 8mo to a year adding either a Coral beaut or a Flame angel...
and various snails and shrimp..
thanks again to everyone..

blitz99

both my firefish were fine... added at seperate times too but still "schooled" together...
then i added a sailfin tang and though he NEVER touched anything, he would swim by the firefish and caused the big one to jump... i wasnt home one day, he jumped he died...
i miss my firefish but the one i have has been quite cool.