Added first fish today! Bicolor Pseudo

alyssia

Very pretty fish, I have always wanted one but I'm afraid it would get way too aggressive.

anyone have problems with there pseudo?
any i have seen have been laid back but i have only seen 2 in aquariums outside a lfs.

alyssia

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
anyone have problems with there pseudo?
any i have seen have been laid back but i have only seen 2 in aquariums outside a lfs.

I was always told that purple pseudos are also very aggressive, but I've had two and they were both docile.

N

nemo_66

a royal gramma is better!
:hilarious: Just kidding. looks great

Thanks for the compliments
Originally Posted by Nemo_66
a royal gramma is better!
:hilarious: Just kidding. looks great
haha it was a toss up, i just like the sudden change in color rather than the faded gramma look i guess
Originally Posted by fishy head
what other things are u going to add,, fish,corals???
My son wants a percula for reasons im sure you can guess. Definatley some rics and zoos, maybe frogspawn, leather. kinda go with the flow
Originally Posted by kevin34

I bought it at the lfs it was sold as pohnpei live rock.
I like it a lot very light and pourus. lots of life and the coraline is already spreading :happyfish

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
gotta love it, makes all the waiting worth while.

yeah i was losing my patience, now i cant wait until he shows his personality (or her). it was eating on the second day inthe tank and recognized me feeding today. i held up the food jar and it became very alert.

dang it! he seems to bee setting up shop in the back of my tank. now ill only see him when i feed him.

its still early maybe hes still shy

rbaldino

One of my favorite fish. I've had both a purple psuedo and a bicolor. They can be a bit aggressive, but usually only towards fish they see as competitors, like gobies, wrasses, and definitely other psuedos. They generally don't really care about other fish and spend most of thier time exploring and excavating, which is why he's working away behind your rocks. Don't worry, though; you'll still see plenty of him.