added fuge...all corals have closed!!!!! what happened

thisistodd

well when i added my fuge i knew that a couple things i didnt do exactly right but i sure didnt think it would turn into this. i only have a 29 gallon for my fuge filled halfway, so i added 15 gallons to a 50 gallon system. i mixed the saltwater today, tried to heat it up some, and turned it on. my system dropped about 3-4 degrees in temp, but everything else remained the same. is this why all of my polyps, mushrooms, and zoos have closed up and shriveled? will they recover??

thisistodd

it might have been pretty fast i didnt realize it. will the corals come back if thats what it was? is there anything i can do?

squidd

So, You mixed water "today" and turned fuge on "today" ...plus it wasn't temp matched...
Super new salt water is pretty unstable chemically wise..that plus the temp diff would do it...
When adding or doing WCs the water should be premixed,heated and aerated for 24 hrs prior to adding...or this type of thing can happen....

thisistodd

thats what i figured, i was stupid and rushed it. i guess all i want to know now is will my corals open back up or will they die.