Adding additives into your water. Do you?

predator

It really solely depends on what you have in your tank. If you have things like corals, anemones, and polyps then yes you need to add supplements to your water. Personaly I use Kent Marine Tech CB Part A and B, strontium & molybdenum, iodine, Tech M, Essential Elements, Coral Accel and Coral Vite, Phytoplex, & Microvert.

nm reef

For trace elements I only change water ...about once a month...10 gal on a 55 reef...this in my opinion will maintain trace elements. For calcium and alkalinity I use a daily drip of sea chem reef builder and reef advantage...once a week sea chem reef buffer to maintain ph @ 8.3...nightly I drip kalkwasser to maintain calcium/alkalinity and to help precipitate any phosphates in the system....other than that I don't add any other stuff....except for more corals.... ;)

vkesu

NM Reef: Do you add reef buffer weekly? Doesn't your ph stay up w/ dripping Kalk? I add the Reef Builder once a week for Alk and reef complete (just to make me feel better) and drip kalk nightly. My ph has never been a problem. My alk use to deal me fits though!

wamp

I do not add anything. For calcium I have a reactor. When I am feeling frisky I might add a pinch of iodide.. thats about it..
ps.. stay away from frozen brine :)

wrigley11

gabys125reef - I was checking out your website and noticed that you have a coral labeled carnation. To be honest that does not look like a carnation to me. I think it's a leather that does by probably a million different names but not a carnation.
Just thought I'd tell you...

wrigley11

gabys125reef - I was checking out your website and noticed that you have a coral labeled carnation. To be honest that does not look like a carnation to me. I think it's a leather that does by probably a million different names but not a carnation.
Just thought I'd tell you...

adrian

In my 75 sps tank I use a reactor, iodine twice a week, and lots of food. In my 55 softie tank I use a 24/7 kalkwasser drip, iodine twice a week, and lots of food.
Wamp:I am also curious why you stay away from frozen brine?
[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Adrian ]

nm reef

Vkesu....yes...I do drip 1 gal of ro/di with 1 tablespoon of seachem buffer every Sunday.....ph has never been an issue.......for 7+ months now it ranges from 7.8 in am to 8.3 mid-day....using a rotating drip of seachem builder/advantage(1 gal per day with 1 tablespoon per gal) I have maintained calcium @ 420-450 ppm & alkalinity @ 2.8-3.5 meg/l....kalkwasser is dripped nightly to maintain these levels and to help precipitate any phosphates in the system