Adding Another set of lights

al&burke

Hi everyone, I am adding the final set of T5HO to my 65 gallon reef, right now I have 4 - 39watt T5HO. I made my canopy I don't have a lot of room. I need to raise my lights 1.5" to get all three sets of the Aquatic Life lights to fit in. Will raising my lights greatly reduce my light penetration. I want to start some SPS corals I have one monti cap and it is doing fine. Thanks for looking.

al&burke

Yes - they are the Aquatic life lights, they are in banks of two, they bolt together, i bought a third set.

spanko

Raising 3 sets of lights 1.5" will have an effect on Par values. However with the added spread of light over the tank you and your coral will probably never know the difference.
Just curious, gotta raise them because of the HOB skimmer?

al&burke

Yes - I don't know if you ever saw the thread but my Coral Life Skimmer dumps into a HOB fuge - there is a 1" pipe I need to get above. Thanks Spanko

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Snapple http:///forum/thread/382751/adding-another-set-of-lights#post_3342718
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/thread/382751/adding-another-set-of-lights#post_3342708
No way to get creative with elbows or locline to avoid that huh?
There is always a creative way to use elbows, locline, and duct tape
Now you guys have me thinking - check out the picture I could get some flexible hose and make it tighter around the 180, thanks I never thought of that

al&burke

Hey I really have to thank you guys - I put a piece of flex hose and made the 180 a lot tighter. I can get the third light in no problem - thanks again guys this is why I like this forum so much, this took me about 1/2 an hour. Cheers

spanko

Good stuff, the only other suggestion I would make would be to deep six the metal hose clamp in favor of these...............

J

jstdv8

Well that was alot easier than it was sounding originally :)
Looks good Al

al&burke

I will get one of these for sure spanko, thanks for your help my friend, here is a picture with all three fixtures together.

al&burke

Thanks 1Snapple - I really like these lights - I have two sets of these on my new planted tank as well.