Adding fish...what order?

veskas

I have a new 180 gal FO with a marine betta, choclate chip starfish, & purple tang; I'm thinking of adding (slowly over 6-8 months)a porcupine puffer, niger trigger, lionfish, naso or powder blue tang, and emperor angel (juv.) Do you foresee any problems here & what order would you introduce them? (I know the purple tang in there already is a problem, but I can't do anything now!)
Thanks for your comments.

jessica

You are correct to add fish every few weeks to a month. And is important to add them in batches. As for the powder blue tang, It is extremely aggressive toward others of its own kind. The naso tang is probably your best bet. It is easier to maintain. As for the purple tang getting along with the naso, I'm not shure, ask your retailer, probably not. hope it helps.

kris

I think a purple and a naso would work fine. Or the purple and the powder blue. different body styles see, round versus oval. My general thoughts about order is to add the most aggressive of the fish last. I don't know about adding in batches. I don't think I'd add more than two at a time with a good month before adding more.

fishgirl

Add your angel next, then the puffer, then the lionfish, then the trigger, then the powder-blue tang. Put 2 weeks in between each new addition. This should work puuurfectly. Nice choice of fishes, too!