Adding Fish

delta lady

My tank finally cycled and now it’s time to add some fish. How many would you all recommend adding at one time? Right now as far as fish are concerned, I have a clown fish in the tank. My ammonia has finally dropped to 0. I don’t remember what my nitrites and PH were when I tested last night, I just remember that they were acceptable based on the color coded cards in the test kits.

delta lady

I hope that I am not getting them confused (trites and trates). I am not sure but my lfs will test the water again before I purchase the fish. Thanks.

meadbhb

Hiya,
Have "acceptable" levels isn't really good. KNOWING you have the CORRECT levels is much better. Any decent LFS will be happy to test your water for free, and it's a good idea to get results from two test kits incase one of them is out of wack.
I waited at least two weeks between adding fish to my tank. Some folks recommend a month between adding fish. Also, quarenteen if you can.
Meadbhb

delta lady

Thanks. I have read the process for using the drip method to acclimate the fish. I appreciate you alls advice.