Adding more LR to my reef

xxxespoxxx

Hey Guys,
Just curious I have about another 30lbs of LR curing in a QT tank. I'm thinking about adding it to the DT in about 2 weeks or so. What's the best way to go about doing this? Any suggestions would be great
...waiting on all your responses

xxxespoxxx

Originally Posted by smokingreefer
http:///forum/post/2686728
How big is your tank? How much LR do you have in it now?
We have a 65gal reef tank....and there is about 40lbs of LR and 20lbs of LS and we are going to add another 30lbs of LR to make it a lil more full...I'll post pics when I get home on what it looks like now

xxevikaxx

This is what our tank looks like now, there is about approx 35lbs of live rock and about 35lbs of LS in there now, we have at the moment about 25lbs of Fiji LR curing in QT(for about 2 weeks now) that we would like to put in our aqaurium is a 65 gal...what is the best way to go about doing this we also have about 6 fish and 2 cleaner shrimps we dont want anything to go wrong any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

If it is completely cure you can put the rock in. I would pull the corals out of the water before you pour the sand in so you don't dump it all over them. If you can't pull them out you might try targeting where you dump the sand in. If you had some type of divider to make sure you dumped the sand in one area you could spread it out to your likings.

afboundguy

I noticed that you said it was in your QT tank. Have you ever used copper in your QT tank? If so you cannot add the rock you have curing into your DT if you want to keep corals/inverts.
Even if you changed out all the water in the QT tank copper still leaches out from the silicone and it will get into the rocks and then the rocks will leach it out into the DT.