adding sand

rygoodm6

what is the best way to add sand to your tanks after fish are in there...i want to make my bed about 2 in deaper but dont really know how to do it without making a huge sand storm any ideas would be very helpful

loodachris

What is you stock list and how big is your tank? if you dont have a huge stock and its not a problem try and take your fish out then turn all of your filters off then add the sand. Once it all settles turn your filters back on and put your fish back in their home, acclimating them again. Either way you do it you dont want to be adding a lot of sand into your tank with your fish in it.

rygoodm6

Originally Posted by Loodachris
What is you stock list and how big is your tank? if you dont have a huge stock and its not a problem try and take your fish out then turn all of your filters off then add the sand. Once it all settles turn your filters back on and put your fish back in their home, acclimating them again. Either way you do it you dont want to be adding a lot of sand into your tank with your fish in it.

1 yellow tang
1 damsel
1 banded shrimp
2 scooter blennies
1 anem
2 scarlet hermits
5 nars snails

loodachris

How about your tank size? How much sand are you adding?? You should do your best to get as much livestock out as possible...dont want to bury and inverts or pour sand on your fish.

psusocr1

go buy a 3 foot pipe with about a 3-4" diameter and pour the sand down the pipe into the very bottom of your tank, moving the pipe accordingly. Thats what i would do in your situation anyway...