Admin's Tanks

paintballer768

Hey SWF administrators/owners, what does your all tanks look like! Just supposed to be a fun thread, since I know you all have to have one out there

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've got a 75 bowfront but must admit I'm anxiously waiting for my new 175 to arrive.
It's a basic Fowlr setup. Blue Hippo, Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, Pearly Jawfish, 2 seahorses, some starfish and cleaner crews.
I still love just staring at it and finding something new growing on the rock, or watching the seahorses slurp their food and do their dance. I'm into the pearly jawfish building it's home under a rock right now. Spitting out sand as it digs. Simple things.
Karen and I prefer to bring home the "orphans". Fish or inverts that we don't sell...maybe a pimple on the scales, a fish too small or skinny to sell, or missing arms of starfish...that sort of thing. In fact, many of the people that work here do that, even though they don't have to.
I'll ask Kim and some others to post here if you are interested. Thanks for the question.
Scott

t316

Yes, I'm interested Scott. That description makes you guys seem a little more personable, or real.
BTW, I didn't know we could keep seahorses with all these other fish. I thought seahorses had to be kept basically in a special tank for seahorses. Is this not the case?

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
When I bred seahorses I always did it that way...and truth be told it's better that way. I target feed my pair several times a day with frozen mysis and make sure they get their share. The trick is to make sure they get fed often since they don't have a stomach in the traditional sense. I keep a low stocking level and the other fish don't bug them.
A species tank with a group of seahorses is an awesome tank. Just make sure they are captive bred. Wild caught are much much more difficult to keep because they are not trained on frozen foods. We don't carry wild caught for that reason.

t316

Good info. I will start looking at them more and doing some reading. I have steered clear of them because of what I "thought". I would love to have seahorses, but thought I couldn't because they would die in my community tank. I'll check further into who they can be around and see if my tank is compatible.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Kim here- I have a 65 reef, sps, lps a couple of leathers
2 rose anemones, 2 black and white clowns, 2 picassos
2 scissortails, kole tang, atlantic blue tang and a hector goby.
I also take the orphans home. I take the corals and fish that are not doing well and take them and doctor them until they get better.
I maintain a couple of reef tanks as well.
Here is a pic of my home tank.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by SWFishy
http:///forum/post/2795978
Kim here- I have a 65 reef, sps, lps a couple of leathers
2 rose anemones, 2 black and white clowns, 2 picassos
2 scissortails, kole tang, atlantic blue tang and a hector goby.
I also take the orphans home. I take the corals and fish that are not doing well and take them and doctor them until they get better.
I maintain a couple of reef tanks as well.
Here is a pic of my home tank.
is that seriously the biggest picture you could find?
I'm going to heckle you untill you put a bigger picture on.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Gee, it was the best I could do from work. When I get home I will attach a few bigger ones for you guys.
Kim

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Impatient people, here is a picture of one of "my" tanks - I do custom setups and maintenance outside of working for swf.com.
I set up this tank about 4 years ago.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Outside of working for swf.com, I do custom set up and maintenance. I set this tank up for a customer 4 years ago and still maintain it. I call it "mine".
My personal tank picture will be added later.

M

markeo99

that is one of the cleanest tanks I have ever seen looks awsome