advice on 10 gallon mini reef

topfish2

Hello, I have a 10 gallon tank set up for now about 5 mos. I now have about 20-25 lbs. of lr. And the only inhabitant is a brittle star. I am planning on adding a cleaner shrimmp and 2 or 3 turbo snails. So do you think this is good for inverts, if not should I add any other inverts? My levels are calcium-around 400-425, alkalinity- 10 DKh, nitrite, amoonia-0, nitrate-around10-25, salinity-1.025. The lighting is reef life and coral life from zoomed, a total of 30 watts. What corals would you suggest adding to the tank? I am new to corals, and would like some nice hardy ones to start out with. The ones I am interested in are xenia, hammer, bubble, (not sure what the name is on this one but its a red mushrrom). I would get smaller sized corals and when they get to big i could make frags. Thanks!

marco333

I also have a small 10 gallen mini reef, and I would suggest you start out with mushrooms, they are the hardiest corals, and dont need a lot of light.

dockery07

I have 2 clowns in mine but I do 1 gallon water change once a week if not twice. I have 72 watts of PC and everything grows so fast it is hard to keep up with.

marco333

Hey dockery07 what type of light, and where can you get a light that bright for a 10 gallen. I had to put a mini compact and a florscent strip just to get 40 watts.