??Advice??

expertboy

im buying a new 150 gallon tank and i was wondering what way i should go..ive been keeping tangs and all diff. kinds of fish but no main type.getting more and more into reefs and corals...but i was wondering if anyone could give some advice on where you think i should go.....eels and lionfish..triggors..all reef and minor fish..from experiance what do you think..by the way..i like all types of marine life so i wouldnt turn down many opp.

lestregus

you could do eel lionfish in a reef but then you wouldnt be able to keep any shrimp or non hermit crabs. i keep a snowflake eel in my reef and it can be annoying but over all i enjoy it and he's always a crowd pleaser :happy: i wouldn't recommend triggers of any kind in a reef although some people have good experiences with blue throats.

clarkiiboi

JMO, if you are liking the reef look more and more, keep fish that are considered community and/or reef safe. You will have alot of possibilities in that big of a tank to make a great reef safe community, just chose fish wisely and for the long run. I know its hard to choose, but the best advise I can give you is to think it through before you add anything. What do you ultimately want your tank to be. HTH